Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beyond the South Bay In LA And Behind The Orange Curtain

The Orange Curtain is a term we use meaning the border from Los Angeles County and Orange County. Many people might believe that all of So Cal is liberal but they would be wrong because OC is very conservative and I believe that the term orange curtain comes from this fact.

Apparently, the owners of the Angels didn't get the memo that OC is not LA....whatever.

I lived and/or worked in OC for almost 25 years but since I quit working for the Disneyland Resort I rarely come here. I miss my Mickey Mouse job but I certainly don't miss that 30 mile drive.

Yesterday we decided to go see the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" play the Red Sox. I am actually a Dodger fan first, Angels fan second and Red Sox fan third (go to Fenway once and you will become a fan too).

It was a picture perfect day. We had great seats right behind the Red Sox dugout. It was a sold out game and the stadium was about half Angel fans and half Red Sox fans. Several of the players came over to the fans and signed autographs before the game.

The Red Sox got in a couple runs and one of them being a home run and the Angels couldn't get any. It was looking grim for the Angels and after the sixth inning I couldn't take the heat any longer...literally...I thought I was going to have a heat stroke so we headed into the Diamond Club to watch from the shade. In the 7 inning, of course, the Angels made 4 runs and ended up winning the game Angels 4, Boston 2. Next time I need to bring a hat and find a seat in the shade.




No comments:

Find Your Home In The South Bay In LA