Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hungry for Hungarian



Growing up I lived next door to a family that was Hungarian. They had 3 girls all about my age and we became good friends. Their mother would cook up some Hungarian food like stuffed cabbage with rice, haluska, and Hungarian goulash (pardon my spelling). I LOVED IT ALL! My friends (the daughters) hated all of it and could not understand when I asked if I could come over for dinner when they had their homemade meals.

Well it has been about 20 years since I have had Hungarian food until today when I went to the Hungarian Festival at Alpine Village in Torrance. It was slow when we went but it was from 11am -8pm (still currently going on as I type). We had the pork stew and the stuffed cabbage...sooo good. They also had Hungarian music, art and crafts where also there to be found.

No comments:

Find Your Home In The South Bay In LA